According to TOPSCHOOLSOFLAW.COM, North Richland Hills is located in the Northeastern part of Tarrant County and is a suburb of Fort Worth. The city is situated on the edge of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, which gives it access to all that a big city has to offer. The geography of North Richland Hills consists of rolling hills and terrain that includes some small creeks that feed into the Trinity River. The city’s climate is hot and humid during the summer months, with temperatures averaging in the mid-90s, while winters are mild with temperatures in the 50s and 60s.
The history of North Richland Hills dates back to 1848 when settlers first moved into the area and began farming. Over time, more settlers arrived and formed small communities until 1946 when North Richland Hills was officially incorporated as a city. Today, North Richland Hills is governed by an elected Mayor and City Council who oversee all aspects of local government including public safety, infrastructure development, economic development initiatives, and more.
North Richland Hills has an active economy with a variety of industries including retail shopping centers, manufacturing plants, educational facilities, health care services, restaurants and entertainment venues. The city’s largest employer is Texas Health Resources which employs over 1,000 people in various roles within their medical centers throughout Tarrant County. Additionally there are several large employers such as Lockheed Martin Corporation who employ hundreds more people in the area.
North Richland Hills is home to several schools including Birdville Independent School District (BISD), Northwest Independent School District (NISD), Keller Independent School District (KISD) and Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District (GCISD). In addition to these public school systems there are also several private schools available for students looking for alternative education options or those seeking advanced education programs such as religious studies or language immersion programs.
As for landmarks in North Richland Hills many residents point to NRH20 Family Water Park as one of their favorite destinations for fun activities year round with its slides, pools, lazy river ride and other attractions like mini golf courses or batting cages nearby. Also popular among locals are Iron Horse Golf Course which offers stunning views from its 18-hole course; NRH Centre which hosts events like concerts or festivals; Fossil Creek Golf Club; Fossil Creek Park; NRH Library; Summerfields Shopping Centre; Watauga Public Library; Watauga Town Center Shopping Plaza; NRH Community Park among others.
Population: 55,635. Estimated population in July 2020: 61,115 (+9.8% change)
Males: 27,364 (49.2%), Females: 28,271 (50.8%)
Zip codes: 76180.
Median resident age: 34.7 years
Median household income: $56,150
Median house value: $100,300
Races in North Richland Hills:
- White Non-Hispanic (83.1%)
- Hispanic (9.5%)
- Other race (3.4%)
- Black (2.7%)
- Two or more races (2.1%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
- Vietnamese (0.7%)
- Other Asian (0.7%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (15.8%), United States (12.8%), English (12.5%), Irish (12.0%), Italian (2.6%), French (2.4%).
Land area: 18.2 square miles
North Richland Hills, Texas is a vibrant and diverse city located in the northern suburbs of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. As of 2019, it had a population of 69,965 people. The city has experienced significant growth in recent decades, with a population increase of over 45 percent since 2000. The racial makeup of North Richland Hills is predominantly White, with approximately 70 percent of the population identifying as such. African Americans comprise about 14 percent of the population, followed by Hispanics at 10 percent and Asians at 6 percent. The median age for North Richland Hills is 36 years old, making it slightly younger than the national average. It also has a higher proportion of young people than most other American cities – 30 percent are under 18 years old and another 20 percent are between 18 and 34 years old. This youthful demographic contributes to a vibrant culture that can be seen throughout the city’s many parks and recreational facilities. Additionally, North Richland Hills has an active senior community with many residents aged 65 and up who take advantage of its various amenities such as shopping centers and golf courses. Overall, North Richland Hills is an inclusive community where people from all backgrounds come together to enjoy life in the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area.
For population 25 years and over in North Richland Hills
- High school or higher: 90.0%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 26.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.4%
- Unemployed: 3.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in North Richland Hills city
- Never married: 21.9%
- Now married: 60.6%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 4.5%
- Divorced: 11.4%
6.2% Foreign born (2.8% Latin America, 1.8% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +9,478 (+20.5%).
Hospital/medical center in North Richland Hills:
- NORTH HILLS HOSPITAL (4401 BOOTH CALLOWAY ROAD)
Other hospitals/medical centers near North Richland Hills:
- HARRIS METHODIST H E B (about 6 miles; BEDFORD, TX)
- ARLINGTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; ARLINGTON, TX)
- HEALTHSOUTH REHAB CTR (about 11 miles; FORT WORTH, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to North Richland Hills:
- FORT WORTH MEACHAM INTL (about 10 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: FTW)
- FORT WORTH ALLIANCE (about 12 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: AFW)
- DALLAS/FORT WORTH INTERNATIONAL (about 13 miles; DALLAS-FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: DFW)
Other public-use airports nearest to North Richland Hills:
- SAGINAW (about 11 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: F04)
- NORTHWEST REGIONAL (about 13 miles; ROANOKE, TX; Abbreviation: 52F)
- HICKS AIRFIELD (about 14 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: T67)
Amtrak station near North Richland Hills:
- 11 miles: FORT WORTH (1501 JONES ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to North Richland Hills:
- TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY (about 8 miles; FT WORTH, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,032)
- SOUTHWESTERN BAPTIST THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY (about 8 miles; FT WORTH, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,253)
- TEXAS WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; FT WORTH, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,403)
- TARRANT COUNTY COLLEGE (about 11 miles; FT WORTH, TX; Full-time enrollment: 15,454)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON (about 11 miles; ARLINGTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 15,467)
- NORTH LAKE COLLEGE (about 17 miles; IRVING, TX; Full-time enrollment: 4,554)
- UNIVERSITY OF DALLAS (about 18 miles; IRVING, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,400)