National University of San Luis (UNSL). Public educational institution of Argentina. It was organized from the division of the National University of Cuyo, on the dependencies that the latter had in the Province of San Luis.
Founded by law 20,365 of May 10, 1973, as part of the Taquini plan, the higher education reorganization program that would lead to the foundation of Jujuy, La Pampa, Lomas de Zamora, Entre Ríos, Luján, Misiones, Salta, San Juan, Catamarca and Santiago del Estero.
Faculties and institute
- Faculty of Human Sciences (FCH)
- Faculty of Physical, Mathematical and Natural Sciences (FCFMyN)
- Faculty of Engineering and Agricultural Sciences (FICA)
- Faculty of Legal and Social Economic Sciences (FCEJS)
- Faculty of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Pharmacy (FQByF)
- Faculty of Health Sciences (FCS)
- Faculty of Psychology (FPsi)
- Faculty of Tourism and Urbanism (FTU)
- University Polytechnic and Artistic Institute (IPAU)
New technique to determine traces of mercury and arsenic. The biochemist Nelson Hugo Ferrúa developed a method that allows the detection of tiny amounts of mercury and arsenic in samples of biological and environmental interest, which cannot be determined using conventional techniques.
Solar distillers to save water and energy. UNSL researchers developed solar stills. The small and medium-scale thermal conversion of solar energy was the starting point for the undertaking, which the researchers consider the most viable alternative for the mass use of the resource.