During strength training using a variety of exercises that focus on a particular muscle group. The lateral Pulldown is an appropriate exercise of the dorsal side of the back.The lateral Pulldown is an exercise that is performed is in. You pick up the rod wider than shoulder-width fixed.The movement will be carried out from top to bottom. Back muscles can be trained both in recruitment strength as uithoudingsvernmogen.
Analysis of Lateral Pulldown
Lateral detection can be done in two ways. The movement can be performed both chest and behind your head. The difference is that movement behind the head is mainly focused on the upper back muscles as opposed to the movement of the chest. The following is a brief description of the movement in stages.
- Rod grips with your hands wider than shoulder width.
- The elbows are in a slightly bent position, and the upper body is leaning slightly backwards.
- The arms, which is directed upwards in a slightly bent position, now move vertically down to your chest.
- The arms then move back to their starting position.
Muscle function during Lateral Pulldown
During Lateral Pulldown use is made of the m. biceps brachii and m. latissimus dorsi, m. teres major.In addition, several other muscles have a stabilising role the shoulder girdle. These are m. deltoid pars anterior and m. rhomboidii. The m. deltoid pars anterior mainly a supporting role during retroflexion. The m. rhomboidii do suspension and has a supporting role in retroflexion. The pectoralis minor and m. trapezius both have a stabilizing role.
Starting position during the Lateral Pulldown
In order to avoid incorrect application of Lateral Pulldown, it is important to take account of the starting position. This means that it takes into account the body position during the execution of the exercise.
- Arms are slightly bent and shoulders are located in depression
- Head throughout forward movement
- The person sits up and does its lower “good” hollow drawn during supply power
- The upper legs are in a horizontal position, with the lower legs at an angle of 90 degrees and your feet flat on the ground.
- During the performance never let the weight come together. Ensure that there is a continuous tension persists on the muscles you are working out.