In the photo Spotlight: Dress, rent 600 R$ Marchesa in Rentelier (market value $15,000); clutch Mellow, rent the 90 R$ in Rentelier (R$ market value 250) and Iorane earrings, rent the 35 R$ on Rentelier (R$ market value 70)
In May last year, the actress Fernanda Souza told in your profile on Instagram who had rented the dress used to be a bridesmaid at the wedding of friend of Preta Gil, a model Iódice valued at 1,490 R$. The actress was keen to share the long green had been borrowed for one night by Dress, pioneer in Brazil & offering rental service outfits of fashion designers, from 2013. The reaction of the followers was the most positive possible. Among comments that praised the look of the singer’s wife Hoang, also any haters questioning the choice of look, soon suffocated by fans.
After Fernanda, Bruna Majmudar and Thaila Ayala, two other actresses who top the list of the best-dressed of the Brazil, relying on that do not exempt the option of having a unique model to lower price. “I’m loving this clothing rental business, easy, practical and ‘ mara ‘” recommended Thaila in your Instagram.
Fashionista For Less
A Guide to follow in fashion in time of crisis
8 thrift shops and bazaars to meet in Porto Alegre
Passion dress, rent R$ 590 in Hello Dress (2,450 R$ market value); Donna B clutch, rent 150 R$ in Hello Dress (1,198 R$ market value); earrings, rent 35 R$ in the Rentelier (market value $200); Crazy peep toe and Santos, R$ 185 in the Vintage Clothing boutique thrift store.
Trinitá dress, rent the 620 R$ in Hello Dress (2,495 R$ market value)
BCBG dress, rent the 440 R$ in Rentelier (R$ market value 1.8 thousand); clutch Flavia Barros, rent the R$ 100 per week in Hello Dress (market value of R $420); Dumond, 105 R$ pumps in Vintage Boutique thrift store (market value of R $279); Earrings Nadia Gimenez, rent the 80 R$ in Hello Dress (375 R$ market value)
The fact that famous are validating-and sharing-only practice proves that rent dresses is increasingly seen as an alternative to vary the productions without spending much. The change in consumer habits is reflected in figures: according to a survey of the Dress, the search for & service increased by 600% in the first six months of 2015, compared with the same period last year.
In Porto Alegre, the service is offered by Hello Dress, offering also the rental of accessories such as clutches and earrings to mount the production. In the collection, more than 200 pieces of national and international brands such as Carolina Herrera, Marchesa, Cavalli and Trinitá, in sizes ranging from 36 to the 44. For the publicist Helen Plass, who runs the business for less than a year, the search has to do also with the economic recession, but much with a change in people’s behavior.
– The crisis enhances our service, no doubt, but it’s just the tip of the iceberg. Behind this, there is a tendency of conscious consumption very strong based on the sharing economy, proposing to share goods and do not accumulate. There is a tendency to enhance the experience of using a piece of an important designer for the night, and not just have the dress in the closet. It’s a matter of smart consumption – opines.
Diamond dress for Eden, rent R$ 680 on Rentelier (R$ market value 2.3 thousand); Earrings Nadia Gimenez, rent the 50 R$ in Hello Dress (market value $249); Bottega Veneta clutch, R$ 300 per week (7mil R$ market value).
Badgley Mischka gown, rent the R$ 750 (4,645 R$ market value); clutch Flavia Barros, rent the R$ 100 (market value and $420); Earrings Nadia Gimenez, rent the 80 R$ (market value $375), Hello all Dress.
All Saints dress, rent the 430 R$ in Hello Dress (1,890 R$ market value); Donna B clutch, rent to 100 R$ in Hello Dress (market value of R $645); Iorane earrings, rent the 35 R$ in Rentelier (market value $150).
Not for nothing, the option of renting goes increasingly on the radar of anyone who has a stylish marriage, will be a bridesmaid or prom is marked – as was the case with Julia Meinhart Telles. The young man of 23 years toured shops behind the perfect dress for the big night, but the high prices for a piece that would use little made her give up the idea of buying.
-I didn’t want to pay. The dress that I liked at the Mall cost more than 2000 R$, which I never would. For rent, spent 560 R$. The experience was great, I have already indicated to some seven people, all with the same thought of not spending a lot for a single night. Out that the service is very unique, you will find tasteful pieces and come out stunning-praises.
Julia’s testimony confirms the opinion of the owner of the Hello Dress: the relationship with the rent of clothes changed.
-Answer many people arriving here without ever having enjoyed the service. It’s good because it will spreading more and more. Here in the South, when they think of rent, keep up the image of old models without information sets. But our goal is to precisely reposition the vision of rent for something cool and conscious, which is aligned with consumer trends and fashion – concludes Helena Plass.
Diamond dress for Eden, rent R$ 680 on The Perfect Dress (R$ market value 2.3 thousand); clutch Nina, rent to R$ 90 on The Perfect Dress (market value $400); Iorane earrings, rent the 35 R$ in Rentelier (market value $120).
Passion dress, rent the 680 R$ in Hello Dress (4,485 R$ market value); earring Nadia Gimenez, rent the 80 R$ in Hello Dress (market value $375); Dumond, 105 R$ pumps in Vintage Boutique thrift store (market value of R $279).
Long Coya Collection, rent the R$ 340 on the hanger Chic (market value R$ 1.8 thousand); Dumond, R$ 150 pumps in Vintage Boutique thrift store (market value $350); Iorane earrings, rent the 35 R$ in Rentelier (market value $95).
- What you find: the service is specialized in renting handbags. Options range from party clutches to designer bag to parade for a few days. Between the (many!) available, brands are Chanel, Chloe, Jimmy Choo, Bottega Veneta, Prada, Balenciaga and Alexander McQueen.
- Also offers: buy and sell designer handbags, with R$ 50 items to more than 5000 R$.
- $: there are three types of rentals: for weekend, week or a month. A Chanel, for example, can cost from 150 R$ (weekend) 476 R$ (monthly).
- Find out more: bobags.com.br and facebook.com/bobagsonline
- What you find: the site, you can see all the templates available for rent and booking and online payment. If necessary, adjustment is charged a fixed rate. In addition to the long and short, also includes accessories such as clutches and wallets.
- Offers also: apart from go to the Studio (Ramiro Barcelos, 1355/2 room), serving by appointment to prove and make use of the consultancy, the Hanger Chic also offers delivery, with delivery in Porto Alegre and Canoes.
- $: long with prices between 250 R$
and R$ 480 and short dresses in the range of 200 R$.
- Find out more: email@example.com and hanger-chic.com
Dress & Go
- What you find: brands like Carina Duek, Thelure, André Lima, Badgley Mischka, Gloria Coelho and Juliana Jabour.
- Also offers: If you get the part and has not served, the Dress & Go offers the option of making an Exchange – but pay special attention to postal deadlines before, since the company headquarters is in São Paulo.
- $: a course of leased by R$ 430 + B’s and a Tufi Duek by 655 R$
- Find out more: (11) 3045-4006 or facebook.com/vestidosdressandgo and dressandgo.com.br
Daughters of Mother
- What you find: clothes for brides, bridesmaids, debutantes, graduates and guests.
- Offers also: selection of costumes for the men’s ward.
- $: 129 R$ dresses up to 1000 R$. Brides: R$ 1500 to 5000 R$.
- Find out more: (51) 3029-5005 and filhasdamae.com.br
- What you find: party dresses of national and international brands such as Roberto Cavalli, Armani, Victor Dzenk, Trinitá and Nicole Miller, in addition to Accessories for rent.
- Also offers: face-to-face service by appointment and advice at Headquarters (366/Mostardeiro, 1201).
- $: a Marchesa valued at 7,350 R$ can be rented for 890 R$.
- Find out more: (51) 3028-3511 and hellodress.com.br
- What you find: brands like Calvin Klein, Marchesa, Roberto Cavalli, Ralph Lauren, Vera Wang and Martha Medeiros.
- Also offers: consultancy for anyone who has doubts about the model that best matches your body type. Rents also accessories.
- $: on average 400 to 600 R$ R$, according to the dress.
- Find out more: (51) 3519-0900 and www.rentelier.com.br